Please respect us and do not download our images.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Baby Wise & Baby food

Baby Wise has done wonders for our family, Tavin started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks and is the easiest baby in the world. So many people always tell me I am so lucky, and yes I am, but we trained him and this book taught us how. If you don't like or agree with Baby Wise that is fine, although I swear by it, I call it my parenting manual.

Recently we have been having problems with Tavin sleeping though the night, so I finally opened up my Baby Wise book number 2 and sure enough the first chapter called out the problem we were having a gave us the solutions. Wow how does it do it? No idea but I love it. Tavin is growing fast and we have not been good about introducing solid foods.( It is so much easier to just pull out a breast no matter where you are then having to get him all set up and feed with a spoon) But we are getting down and dirty and staying serious for our little one.

Since Tavin is allergic to rice cereal we have been procrastinating other options. Today we pulled out our baby food making books. (We live on books and being educated and we also are making our own baby food from our garden out back). We found that we can make our own rice cereal. Once we introduce this for 2 weeks and he is eating cereal for 3 meals a day along with nursing we can introduce vegetables.

So here we are today is the big day where we begin, and I am so wishing my kiddo sleeps through the night.